The University of Liverpool in partnership with the Liverpool City Region LEP is committed to supporting the local economy and is currently offering a training support package of up to £3,000 to local businesses recruiting graduates or students. Whilst you are still liable for their wages, the training allowance will help the successful candidate develop any specific skills that would directly benefit your business.
Through the Graduate to Merseyside service, we can help identify quality graduates for your business for short term projects or permanent roles.Click here to see some of the companies we have helped.
Some of the advantages of using our service include:
- Cost-effective recruitment that can provide a pipeline of fresh talent and ideas to help your business grow.
- Accessing individuals with specialist knowledge and skills from appropriate subject areas.
- Additional resource for your business to carry out specialist projects that current employees may not have the time to do.
- Up-to-date professional skills from motivated individuals.
- Developing and testing new project areas with growth potential.
- Opportunity to build partnership links with the University.
- Opportunity to contribute to the training and development of national and local future graduate workforce.
Here is an example of how the training allowance could benefit your business:
Company XYZ, an IT Web/Software Development Company, is looking for a Graduate Software Developer with experience of Oracle, SQL and .NET. A candidate with good experience of Oracle and SQL is found but does not have extensive experience of .NET. The graduate is recruited on a 12 month contract and enrolled on a .NET training course with a company selected provider that fits round his or her role, helping develop the specific skills that Company XYZ requires.
Who is eligible for this service?
Any business in the Liverpool City Region covering Liverpool, Wirral, St. Helens, Sefton, Knowsley and Halton.
For more information or to start the recruitment process please contact Graduate to Merseyside on 0151 794 5112 / email@example.com or Lisa Baldwin from Liverpool City Region LEP on 0151 237 3913 / firstname.lastname@example.org